Control What You Can Control.

Hi there!

How are you keeping up? My social circle comes to acceptance that it will be a long run… It is time to take care of our mental health and try to tackle worrying, anxiety and fear. That being said, consider a new mantra for the rest of the year:

Control what you can control and accept what you cannot.

This also means that many things that you planned for 2020 will not be possible. Refine and redefine your goals. The destination might be still the same but you need to change the path. Maybe health was your area of focus for this year. Home cooked meals, plenty of water, good sleep and yoga - could be a combination your body needed. For some goals that will not work - accept it. Just cancel them and move on. But if you feel like it, search for a new goal, for something exciting or challenging that can be done under quarantine.


On a personal note: since starting to promote my new web page three weeks ago it has been seen by my own network and a couple of kind strangers in 34 countries. I love internet!

I always wanted a digital home and by ‘always’ I mean since 2005. So if you are thinking about creating one too, please do yourself a favor and just try to do it. No-code tools have progressed enormously in the last couple years and everybody can create a beautiful web page. Hit reply and get in touch if you need a tiny push into the right direction.

Best,

Alina

Visit My Web Page


Personal Growth

This article on Inc. suggests that communication is the most important skill. Author backs up the statement with a quote of Warren Buffett:

At your age, the best way you can improve yourself is to learn to communicate better. Your results in life will be magnified if you can communicate them better.

Article refers to another study that states:

15 percent of financial success comes from knowledge or technical skills. The other 85 percent? Your ability to effectively communicate, negotiate, and lead in the manner of both speaking and listening. 

Four ways to improve your communication:

  1. Get all the facts before you assume things.

  2. Give regular feedback.

  3. Listen before you speak.

  4. Pay attention to how fast or how slow you talk.